PLEASE READ THIS PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL. PRINT AND BRING TO THE CAMPGROUND WITH YOU AS PART OF YOUR CHECK-IN DOCUMENTATION. – THANK YOU.
We are looking forward to your visit and wanted to send a note outlining the new policies and procedures that will be in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to comply with business and building safety orders issued by the Governor.
Please note, that many of our campground normal daily operations will not resume at this time, however, we are able to open our campground utilizing limited interaction. We need to limit and ensure guests are not congregating in large groups and follow social distancing measures. Keep in mind that the new policies and procedures will be fluid and will change as our region changes during each stage of the re-opening process outlined by the Governor.
We encourage outdoor recreation that does not involve interaction with other families. We also expect that if you are sick or have symptoms of COVID-19, to please stay home and self-quarantine to prevent the spread of the virus.
For the safety and concern of all of you and the community, the below measures will be in place until further notice:
· Campground is open for RV site and Cottage rentals (self-contained camping). Tent campers and Cabin rentals are allowed to camp if they reside in a region that does not have a “shelter at home” order in place. For PA residents this includes counties in the yellow phase
· Canceling planned campground events
· Play areas, Pool, Game Room, Activity Building, and Pavilion will be closed
· The Laundry Facility will remain closed
· The Public Restrooms will be open to tent campers and cabin rentals only. RV and Cottage guests must use their own self-contained facility. Public Restrooms will have a people limit of no more than 2 people in restroom at any given time and you must maintain social distancing. Rest rooms will be cleaned and disinfected frequently.
· No people grouping of more than 25 people in general areas of the campground (field, picnic areas, dog park, etc.)
· No large people grouping at your campsite. No hosting large community campfires. To maintain the social distancing requirements, only interact with those who you have contact with on a regular basis.
· Visitors must be kept to a minimum and should only be people you currently interact with on a regular basis. Your visitor must remain on your site and you need to contact the office to register them when they arrive. Your visitor needs to check-out no later than 7 pm. No unregistered visitors are allowed on the premises.
· Follow social distancing guidance. Maintain the recommended minimum 6 feet apart from others and wash hands often. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth with unwashed hands.
· Wear a mask or garment that covers the nose and mouth anytime outside and in areas where it is difficult to maintain 6 feet distance from other people
· To prevent purchasing groceries or other items in our local community, please try to bring your essential items with you
· The Store/Office will have limited access. Call the Store/Office, if there are any needs you may have (eg. groceries, camping essentials, clothing, firewood, etc.). We will do our best to accommodate electronically and via delivery to your site or have you come to the store individually (with a mask), minimizing the amount of people in the store at any given time
· The Store/Office will be cleaned and disinfected frequently, especially high-touch areas
· NEW CHECK-IN PROCESS:
- All sites must be paid in full prior to arrival
- Upon arrival, go directly to your site to set up and call the office (570-946-9971) to let us know you arrived.
- If you can’t locate your site, drive to the office and call us. We will come out and escort you to your site or provide direction.
- “At site check-ins” — After your arrival, we will deliver to your site your car pass and wifi codes and gather any remaining check-in details we may need
- We will wear masks and ask you to have a face covering during our interactions
We look forward to seeing you this weekend. We also appreciate your understanding and patience while we modify our operations for your protection and to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Be safe and healthy!
Stacey and John
John and Stacey Kwieraga, Pioneer Campground’s owners invite you to discover what makes Pioneer Campground Sullivan County’s quality family campground. Come enjoy the refreshing mountain breezes while staying in large wooded campsites, rustic cabins or furnished cottages. There are planned activities scheduled for many weekends throughout the camping season. Be sure to check our event calendar! A variety of recreational facilities are also available to make your stay as active or relaxing as you desire. The campground is open from early April through early December.
Pioneer Campground is situated on 80 acres atop Sonestown Mountain at an elevation of 2,300 ft in beautiful Sullivan County . . . a very special place the modern world has bypassed. Here, you can step back in time and relax at a slower pace. There is an unspoiled mountain environment, abundant wildlife, quaint villages, covered bridges, and excellent restaurants to discover. Once you experience Sullivan County and Pioneer Campground, it will become habit forming.